Dutch shipping company Chemgas is active in the transportation of pressurized chemicals and Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG). With a unique sea and river going fleet, Chemgas is capable of transferring LPG up to 3500 m³.
During unloading, the pressure in the tank drops and gas will occur above the liquid cargo. Instead of venting these gases to the atmosphere, Chemgas installs Vapor Recovery Compressor Installations that convert the gas back to a liquid. Apart of minimizing the ‘escape’ of harmful emissions, the shipment volume is maximized as well.
Customer / End user:
Chemgas Shipping B.V.
Multiple seagoing vessels and inland barges
160 – 2844 Nm³/h
Scope of supply:
Per vessel or barge one (1) skid with dual mounted electric driven 1-stage reciprocating compressor package, comprising of:
- 2x Corken vertical compressor, type D981
- 1x Electrical driver Eexde with two drive ends
- 1x Nitrogen purge system
- Suitable for hazardous area ATEX Zone 1, Gas group IIC, T4
- Bureau Veritas marine type certification
- Factory acceptance test with site start up and commissioning