Green Gas Grid Injection
BioCow is an English company specialized in turning agricultural waste into energy. Their Anaerobic Digestion Plant at a farm in Murrow, Cambridgeshire produces renewable gas made from cattle manure and straw.
For this project Bright Biomethane has delivered a biogas upgrading system generating 9.3 million Nm3 of biomethane per year, equivalent to the annual consumption of 6.200 households. For the first time this biomethane is connected and sold to the National Grid. To enable grid injection, CSH has delivered, as part of Bright’s biogas upgrade installation, a containerized, oil injected rotary screw compressor installation.
Customer / End user:
Bright Biomethane B.V. / BioCow Ltd.
Murrow, United Kingdom
Scope of supply:
One (1) containerized electric driven rotary screw compressor package, comprising of:
- Bauer Rotorcomp compressor, type EVO76G
- Electrical driver EexnA with frequency drive
- Inlet filter and oil cooler with heat recovery
- Gas to gas superheater
- Low and high temperature gas to water discharge coolers and coalescing/particle filters with an activated carbon tower
- All mounted in a modified 40ft high cube container, equipped with gas detection, ventilation system, control room and a roof mounted air to
- Suitable for hazardous area ATEX Zone 2G, Gas group IIB, T3
- Factory acceptance test with site start up, commissioning, and site acceptance test