Raw biogas from a digester is produced at low pressure and often contains a lot of carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide and water, making these gases acidic and corrosive. Apart from these ‘normal’ biogas characteristics, the raw biogas is often contaminated with trace elements which have a harmful impact on the installation.
Once the raw gas is upgraded to biogas or biomethane, CSH offers compression solutions for the following applications:
- Fuel Gas Boosting for supply of biogas to a local gas engine or turbine;
- compression of Biogas to Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) for fuel stations;
- low or medium pressure grid injection;
- high pressure grid injection;
- Gas Grid Boosting to increase the pressure of the (Green) Gas in the regional grid to the level required for the national grid.
Our compression solutions for upgraded biogas are proven to be resilient to the biogas characteristics and therefore ensure a reliable operation with a high availability.
Our latest projects for Biogas
Water company Waternet is responsible for the supply of drinking water and treatment of sewage in Amsterdam and surrounding areas. One of the existing sewage treatment...
Waalwijk Biomass Combination is a project for the generation of sustainable energy at the Ecopark in Waalwijk. The park combines three different forms of sustainable energy on...
With a proven track record, CSH is able to support you in controlling and reducing the emission of greenhouse gases originating from your industrial processes. On our projects page you can find examples of solutions we have delivered.